The origins of La Tour Carnet are lost in the mists of time. This castle, full of character, has been contemplated with pride for over nine hundred years in its shimmering moats, which can only be crossed by an elegant drawbridge. Here and there, the beautiful medieval tower jealously shelters priceless treasures, which Michel de Montaigne will also discover during his frequent visits.
Then over the centuries, the place will gradually transform into a renowned wine estate. Whether you are a fervent admirer of Bordeaux wines or not, you will be delighted to discover the rich history of Médoc wines and their prestigious classification during the Universal Exhibition in Paris, established for the first and only time in 1855. Le Château La Tour Carnet makes the hearts of writers and wine lovers beat faster. To receive you well: Your health is our top priority, and we have put in place special measures to ensure the safety of all customers during and after your visit.
* ** Thorough cleaning ** - We have increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and tasting areas between each visit, and hand sanitizer will be available for all our visitors.
* ** Social Distancing ** - Customers will remain at a safe distance during all points of the tour and tasting. Groups are limited and we offer a spittoon bowl for the same group of participants. We also make sure that all staff members wear the necessary personal protective equipment. We thank you in advance for coming with your mask.
* ** Wellness Checks ** - Employees are given daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or a member of your party experience symptoms, we will arrange directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
We advise you to book your visit to ensure availability, type of visit and language.
As part of the Visit'O Châteaux weekend, Château La Tour Carnet offers...
Tours and tastings all weekend.
Price: from €15/person
Visiting conditions: By reservation and visits at 10:30 a.m., 14:00 p.m. and 16:00 p.m.
- May 7 and 8
- June 4 & 5
- Guided tour by appointment only
- Groups of 10 to 50 people welcome.
Annual closure for visits: Christmas and New Year week
Exceptionally closed on May 1, May 06, May 12 and September 1.
From November 1 to March 31: open Wednesday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 13:30 p.m. to 18:00 p.m.
From April 1 to October 31: open 7/7 from 10 a.m. to 00:12 p.m. and from 30:13 p.m. to 30 p.m.
- American Express
- Payment cards
- French bank and postal checks
- Bank transfer
* The Visit & Tasting - 15 € / pers. - 3 wines
* The visit and the wine and chocolate pairing workshop - 25 € / pers. - 3 wines & 3 varieties of chocolates
* The visit and wine and cheese pairing workshop - € 30 / pers. - 3 wines & 3 varieties of cheese
* From research to innovation - 35 € TTC / pers. - 6 wines
* Gourmet Walk - 50 € TTC / pers. - visit and 3 wines and a picnic
* B-Winemaker workshop - from 79 € / pers. at 99 € / pers. - 7 assemblies on our Grands Crus Classés of your choice, creation of a personalized bottle
* The Quartet - € 99 / pers. - 4 Grands Crus Classés
Equipments and Services
- Accessible by stroller
- Coach parking
- Meeting room (s)
- Welcoming camper vans
- Drive / Take away
- Delivery possible
Discovery of the vines
You will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of viticulture through an outdoor visit to the vineyard plots of the estate.
In order to face future climate challenges, Mr. Bernard Magrez created in 2013 a private collection of 75 grape varieties. The objective of this plant heritage is to identify the grape varieties "of tomorrow" which could thwart these future climatic hazards.
History and architecture
The history of La Tour Carnet merges with the history of France. Bearing the name of the squire who infallibly helped his Lord to resist French royalty at the end of the Hundred Years War, Château La Tour Carnet played a major role in the revolution of the Médoc vineyard.
Subsequently, the estate belonged to illustrious owners, including the Montaigne family.